Clean air for everyone – that is the ultimate “vision” here. All of life deserves nothing less than the best in air quality!

Thanks owed

Absent an audience, active or passive, any online presence regardless of content offered, would – plainly and simply – be an incomplete proposition. I’m happy to report, that at the Air Quality Matters blog, that’s never been an issue.

Much more, in the more than 10-year timeframe that the site’s been live online, the readership presence has likewise stayed the course, remaining both solid and strong. And, for this, we at the Air Quality Matters blog wish to extend our most sincere thanks. Thank you!


The blog function or purpose is, first and foremost, to inform the interested reading audience on matters having to do with air quality. Like the header declaration enunciates: Discourse for all interested in all things air-quality related.

Underlying message

There will always be a need for this site and similarly-purposed Weblogs and Websites, that is, as long as pollution from combustion sources – regardless of origin – continues to degrade the quality of the air we breathe.

Primary role

My role as chief blog-site contributor involves really nothing more than my acting as liaison – an intermediary between what I read and research having anything and everything to do with air quality and relating that information to our Air Quality Matters readership.

Substantive content

That which is disseminated here can take one or more of three different forms: commentary, news reports and photographic/illustrative content.

Up to 90 percent of contributed material is my own, and that can include inserted, accompanying photographs; the remaining roughly 10 percent coming from a variety of sources, material consisting of press releases in addition to information that an array of entities have authorized and approved for republication on the Air Quality Matters blog-site.

Marking ten years

As a dedicated, quality and sustained, air-quality-based information-dissemination platform, the Air Quality Matters blog celebrated its 10th anniversary on November 5, 2022. I’m quite taken aback that this much time has already passed. A decade also represents the time I’ve served as chief site contributor and editor.

Holding out hope

My hope is that what’s posted here is instrumental in helping to lead to marked improvement in the quality of the air we breathe and, by extension, to improved quality of life.

(Banner background image credit: iStock.com/Kotkoa)

– Alan